be the one! are you interested in travel? culture? the city life? or even the latest trends in your neighbourhood? be part of the growing team of the be app who takes pride in promoting the best explored spots in the city.
become a contributor
our website www.thebeapp.com is packed with information and inspiration, covering topical articles about people, places and events. subjects are wide-ranged and include: people’s profiles, travel, business, entrepreneurship, design and architecture, arts, city life, events and of course food. we strive to be the first to publish with fresh, original and current content.
our stories are around 300 words in length and writers are asked to source or supply images and quotes if appropriate. if you have an exciting story, you think our readers would like to know about, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
become an intern
we received many applications from people keen to contribute words, images and efforts to the be app. it’s fantastic to hear from so many talented individuals and we’re keen to include as many as we can. we are looking for interns to work in different areas of the be app.
the ideal candidate will have an interest in travel, current affairs, business, urban culture and design and be able to carry out detailed, accurate research.
kindly address your email to email@example.com and tell us why you’d like to get involved with the be app.
some specific tasks may include:
- city/neighbourhood research (e.g. canvass city areas for new venues, events and people)
- events research (e.g. calendar events and heads up social media team to come up with content in form of art cards or videos aligned with the theme)
- commercial research: market research, analysis and report.
marketing / support digital marketing manager:
- develop concepts, design and innovative ideas for marketing initiatives (e.g. digital, guerrilla, influencer strategy)
- photography/video/graphics (e.g. come up with collaterals aligned with the content plan, tutorial video, creative outputs such as art cards, gif’s memes, videos etc)
- partnerships/influencer: evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising and build relationships with thought leaders and social media influencer to grow industry awareness
- explore the viability of expanding social media presence to linkedin, youtube, snapchat, twitter etc.
- identify opportunities to utilise paid social campaigns to grow our social media user base
- public relations: outreach to a variety of media, build a strategic media list and create assets and content (press releases, photo captions, videos, etc)
- define, track and report on social media analytics to identify viable ideas for new social media campaigns and strategies.
seo/app store and google play optimization:
- review key metrics to determine effectiveness of seo and app store/google play strategy (e.g. keyword research, competitive site analysis and copywriting)
- optimize the visibility of the be app and assist the digital marketing manager with content distribution and promotion in other digital marketing channels
- monitor, track and report on seo and app store/google play performance, trends and issues
- update and edit the be app’s website and ensure contents are relevant and accurate
- help the creative team in creating landing pages and microsites
- monitor, optimise and report on website performance
- proficient with wordpress and familiarity with responsive design
- data entry
- assist in the day-to-day operations of the be app and general ad-hoc duties
and if you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch as well. 🙂